Skip to main content

The Years That Have Questions

Good day, my love bugs.


I have the world's cutest niece who recently turned four. How quick time files.
So, my niece asks a lot of questions, most of which consist of "what's that", "where is so and so", "That's a- insert color or shape here", which are pretty valid questions if you are sharpening your identifying and confirmation skills. It made me think about how there are always questions in life. When we are younger, it is questions regarding shapes, people, and the world that spark our curiosity. As we get older, the questions shift to our identity and purpose.

That is what has entailed my 2025, I have been asking myself several questions, from 'What do I want out of life?' to 'Who am I?' It is not the questions that scare me, but the fact that I do not have the answers to them. A year ago, I would have given lengthy answers to these, but now I do not know. Maybe I do know, and I am just afraid of coming to terms with my answers.

Then there are more philosophical questions that I ask myself, such as 'What is the meaning of life?' and 'Why do we have to work so hard and struggle only for us to die?' Now these are the questions that keep me up at night. These questions reinforce the fact that life is not fair. There are people who are born 10 steps ahead, there are those who are going to live their whole life just trying to survive, and there are those who are going to plan their lives out only to not see their triumph. I have been connecting with a church youth group recently, and a question that comes up from that is 'What is my purpose?' With the world we live in, purpose seems like this grand concept, and it also seems like all of our purpose is linked to helping people.

 Helping people is a beautiful thing, especially when you have more privilege or power, but is it everyone's purpose? Are we not all just trying to shift and fit into a purpose that is not ours? In my last post, I mentioned how we all look the same, dress the same, and have the same routine, which is so boring. Could this normative behaviour be what makes us think that our purpose is the same?
I also want to speak about the rise of precarious work, especially in a time when the global economy is just in shambles. When it becomes tough for one to sustain themselves financially, we start to question the workforce, more so capitalism.

 One of the lessons I learned from reading The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin Sharma is that people want a say in their lives. People want the ability to decide what they wake up to, how they work, and what they eat. I strongly feel this in the resurgence of precarious work, where people do not mind losing the 'stability' of work but would rather develop a career where they decide what time they wake up and can negotiate how much they earn.
'Is this all that I am ever going to be?' The short answer to that is no. The long answer is that I have not yet found all of myself, and each phase in my life will reveal who I am. 

Questions at this point in time have brought a sort of paradox to my thinking. I am starting to be grateful that I got through school, but now I am wondering if it is too soon to make a pivot. I am also questioning if I made the right decision. Will we ever know what true happiness is? That, my friend, is for you and me to find out.
Till next time, Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you lazy or just burned out?

Good day, my love bugs. In a world that glorifies productivity, resilience, and endless multi-tasking, many women find themselves quietly battling a double-edged sword: executive dysfunction and emotional burnout. These terms can be intimidating, but they are deeply personal and often misunderstood, especially in women with functional depression. What is executive dysfunction? Kendra Kubala from Healthline wrote in her article Understanding Executive Dysfunction and How It Shows Up that executive dysfunction disrupts the brain's ability to plan, focus, remember instructions, and manage multiple tasks. It affects the executive functions of the brain, which are skills that help us get things done. It is not laziness or lack of willpower. It is often linked to mental health conditions like ADHD, anxiety, depression, and trauma. For many women, executive dysfunction looks like: Starting tasks but never finishing them. Constantly missing deadlines or appointments Feeling overwhelmed ...

Diet Culture and the relationship with our bodies

Good day, my love bugs. On this blog, we focus on personal development and wellness on a more intrinsic level. However, I want to discuss conventional beauty and how societal standards can affect our relationship with ourselves. What is conventional beauty? According to Wellness Voice being conventionally attractive means that your look is along the lines of society's ideals of what looks good. This is basically what we are fed of what beauty is whether it is at home, within culture, or in mass media. As someone who loves social media, I have watched a lot of YouTube videos on women getting dangerous procedures, very invasive procedures such as BBLs. This is no hate to women who decide to get surgery but we need to be honest about how beauty is social currency. Life seems easier for people who possess conventional beauty there are many trends on social media regarding beauty such as the 'lean girl' aesthetic or the 'hourglass figure'. That can be a blog post on ...

My Prom,21 October 2020.

They day finally came, the day of my prom! I remember being so nervous and in the moment. I had so much to do and time was catching up on me.  Keyword:TIME that is what defines you on that day. Walking through the red carpet while everyone is chanting your name is thrilling. By the end of the night we all had our heels off,dozens of pictures were taken and we danced our butts off. I will remember that night forever.  These are my tips on how you should get ready for your prom: 1. Have an allocated budget and plan everything revolving around your budget. 2. Do not put yourself under unecessary pressure you don't need the most expensive dress,shoes or car to look good or be memorable. 3. Plan everything way in advance,if you are getting your dress/suit designed make sure you start your arrangements 6 months in advance. 4.Be open to trying new things,like that set idea you have of your dress but there may be something better out there. 5. Go for fittings two weeks before the even...