Skip to main content

A lot can happen in a year: Editor's Note


Good day my love bugs.

These editor’s notes are me just scribbling my thoughts to you guys so if it is all over the place, forgive me. I think I have been having a creative or a writer’s block. Trust me I have been wanting to write and the words have been in my brain but putting pen to paper has been hard. Now that the honeymoon phase of the year is over dealing with real life has been difficult.

My mental health has been going through its usual cycles, on some days I am super productive, happy, and motivated and then there are days when I do not want to go to bed. I have also been having intense neck pain which is now back pain ever since I stopped writing my exams. The fear of failure has been creeping up on me so has doubt and this is normal. I also still struggle with perfectionism and have a way of constantly worrying about the future, particularly what I am going to be next year.

It is deep but it is also not that deep, I think I have a complicated life when my life is going how exactly it should be. Earth is just a floating rock in the middle of space and I can't prove that anyone but me is real. I hope this break allows me to tap back into my creativity which I have neglected. I feel like I have lost that zest that I had and I want to get it back. I am also trying to work on actually processing my emotions instead of actualizing them. I am also in the process of forming relationships with my psychologist and psychiatrist. On most days nothing happens but then there are days where years happen. The days are long but the years are short, how are we already halfway through the year?

I have also been working so much on the things I want to achieve and nothing has happened yet, it may be a good sign but because I like to stress about everything and low-key have visions of what my life should look like it frustrates me. It is safe to say that your twenties are absolute crap with the constant fear of settling but also wanting some sort of stability. If there is one thing for sure is that writing always haunts me, I cannot live without this gift or this platform.

If you are reading this I hope you are kind to yourself, I hope you are resting and that you are eating well. I hope you dance around in your pyjamas and take a lot of pictures. I also hope that you do more of what you love and you enjoy. Remember that a good year can have bad moments in it.

Till next time, Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you lazy or just burned out?

Good day, my love bugs. In a world that glorifies productivity, resilience, and endless multi-tasking, many women find themselves quietly battling a double-edged sword: executive dysfunction and emotional burnout. These terms can be intimidating, but they are deeply personal and often misunderstood, especially in women with functional depression. What is executive dysfunction? Kendra Kubala from Healthline wrote in her article Understanding Executive Dysfunction and How It Shows Up that executive dysfunction disrupts the brain's ability to plan, focus, remember instructions, and manage multiple tasks. It affects the executive functions of the brain, which are skills that help us get things done. It is not laziness or lack of willpower. It is often linked to mental health conditions like ADHD, anxiety, depression, and trauma. For many women, executive dysfunction looks like: Starting tasks but never finishing them. Constantly missing deadlines or appointments Feeling overwhelmed ...

Diet Culture and the relationship with our bodies

Good day, my love bugs. On this blog, we focus on personal development and wellness on a more intrinsic level. However, I want to discuss conventional beauty and how societal standards can affect our relationship with ourselves. What is conventional beauty? According to Wellness Voice being conventionally attractive means that your look is along the lines of society's ideals of what looks good. This is basically what we are fed of what beauty is whether it is at home, within culture, or in mass media. As someone who loves social media, I have watched a lot of YouTube videos on women getting dangerous procedures, very invasive procedures such as BBLs. This is no hate to women who decide to get surgery but we need to be honest about how beauty is social currency. Life seems easier for people who possess conventional beauty there are many trends on social media regarding beauty such as the 'lean girl' aesthetic or the 'hourglass figure'. That can be a blog post on ...

My Prom,21 October 2020.

They day finally came, the day of my prom! I remember being so nervous and in the moment. I had so much to do and time was catching up on me.  Keyword:TIME that is what defines you on that day. Walking through the red carpet while everyone is chanting your name is thrilling. By the end of the night we all had our heels off,dozens of pictures were taken and we danced our butts off. I will remember that night forever.  These are my tips on how you should get ready for your prom: 1. Have an allocated budget and plan everything revolving around your budget. 2. Do not put yourself under unecessary pressure you don't need the most expensive dress,shoes or car to look good or be memorable. 3. Plan everything way in advance,if you are getting your dress/suit designed make sure you start your arrangements 6 months in advance. 4.Be open to trying new things,like that set idea you have of your dress but there may be something better out there. 5. Go for fittings two weeks before the even...