Skip to main content

The Importance of Journaling

Good day love bugs!
 I am very passionate about writing and I wanted to share how beneficial journaling can be to your mental health. I have been journaling since I can remember and it has done so much for me. It has allowed me to look at my life from many different perspectives and has also helped me manage my stress and anxiety. Here are ways in which journaling can help you:

1. Journaling helps you control your symptoms and improve your mood. If you are experiencing any sort of challenge with your mental health, journaling can help you detect symptoms. Please do seek a professional if you feel that you are in urgent need of assistance.

2. It helps you keep track of yourself day-to-day so that you can recognize your triggers and learn better ways to control them. Remember that our goal for the year is to build healthy habits and journaling can help with that.

3. Journaling provides you with an opportunity for positive self-talk. You should not only journal when things become catastrophic but also use it as an opportunity to be kinder and gentler with yourself.

4. It can help you achieve your goals. By writing down something you are much more likely to do it because of the commitment you are making to yourself. This will help you gain self-confidence by tracking your progress.

5. You can improve your writing and communication skills. By being able to write down your experiences and how you feel you are better equipped in articulating yourself. This can help with speaking about what makes you uncomfortable and communicating your boundaries.

6. Journaling strengthens memory. You become more aligned with your outer and inner self. I know that if you are struggling with depression or anxiety you struggle a lot of times with remembering especially events that were traumatic by writing it out you will be able to recall the details of the event.

This sounds amazing but where do you start? Do not worry, I got you covered. There are different types of journal prompts that you can use every day. Start your day with gratitude I love this, I begin every morning with gratitude prompt. You can even have a gratitude journal. In this prompt state three or five things that you are grateful for, try not to make them the same. End your day but looking at what went well, what you are proud of and what you can improve on.

When you are journaling your experiences keep to a time of 5 minutes so that you do not become overwhelmed. I hope these tips help you, I promise that you will be very happy that you started journaling. Before committing to anyone or anything else, commit yourself. Till next time, Cheers!

Picture by Valemoods

Comments

  1. Amazing blog! Concise, and absolutely welcoming- it is less overwhelming like you mentioned. Well down to you for taking care of yourself. Keep up the Journaling and sharing the journey with others💜. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoy this blog anf specifically this piece. Thank you so much❤.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are you lazy or just burned out?

Good day, my love bugs. In a world that glorifies productivity, resilience, and endless multi-tasking, many women find themselves quietly battling a double-edged sword: executive dysfunction and emotional burnout. These terms can be intimidating, but they are deeply personal and often misunderstood, especially in women with functional depression. What is executive dysfunction? Kendra Kubala from Healthline wrote in her article Understanding Executive Dysfunction and How It Shows Up that executive dysfunction disrupts the brain's ability to plan, focus, remember instructions, and manage multiple tasks. It affects the executive functions of the brain, which are skills that help us get things done. It is not laziness or lack of willpower. It is often linked to mental health conditions like ADHD, anxiety, depression, and trauma. For many women, executive dysfunction looks like: Starting tasks but never finishing them. Constantly missing deadlines or appointments Feeling overwhelmed ...

Diet Culture and the relationship with our bodies

Good day, my love bugs. On this blog, we focus on personal development and wellness on a more intrinsic level. However, I want to discuss conventional beauty and how societal standards can affect our relationship with ourselves. What is conventional beauty? According to Wellness Voice being conventionally attractive means that your look is along the lines of society's ideals of what looks good. This is basically what we are fed of what beauty is whether it is at home, within culture, or in mass media. As someone who loves social media, I have watched a lot of YouTube videos on women getting dangerous procedures, very invasive procedures such as BBLs. This is no hate to women who decide to get surgery but we need to be honest about how beauty is social currency. Life seems easier for people who possess conventional beauty there are many trends on social media regarding beauty such as the 'lean girl' aesthetic or the 'hourglass figure'. That can be a blog post on ...

My Prom,21 October 2020.

They day finally came, the day of my prom! I remember being so nervous and in the moment. I had so much to do and time was catching up on me.  Keyword:TIME that is what defines you on that day. Walking through the red carpet while everyone is chanting your name is thrilling. By the end of the night we all had our heels off,dozens of pictures were taken and we danced our butts off. I will remember that night forever.  These are my tips on how you should get ready for your prom: 1. Have an allocated budget and plan everything revolving around your budget. 2. Do not put yourself under unecessary pressure you don't need the most expensive dress,shoes or car to look good or be memorable. 3. Plan everything way in advance,if you are getting your dress/suit designed make sure you start your arrangements 6 months in advance. 4.Be open to trying new things,like that set idea you have of your dress but there may be something better out there. 5. Go for fittings two weeks before the even...