Skip to main content

Editor's note: The 11th hour

Good day, my love bugs.

In theme with Easter, I will share a scripture that has been with me through it all.

“So let us not become afraid of doing good; for if we do not give up the time will come when we will reap the harvest” Galatians 6:9

A year older and hopefully wiser

Every year especially in April I become reflective of my life, choices, relationships etc. I also think it is because Easter takes place in April. The only thought that ran through my life this time around is gratitude. I am grateful to be alive on this birthday. I am glad I did not give up and I am glad to have had the courage to try new things more importantly for sticking true to myself. I have to come to love myself even with my imperfections. April of 2025 has been a beautiful month.

The 11th hour

On a phone call with a friend, I was describing life at this moment to feel like the 11th hour. Everything worked out last minute and everything miraculously came together at the last moment. I graduated recently from Wits a journey that has been rewarding but mostly so taxing. I often would question if I made the right decision or if I would ever graduate. I did the one thing that seemed impossible at one point and it feels great. Honestly, it has fuelled my hunger now I feel like I can achieve anything, I am not settling for anything else. I am also realizing that I have a lifetime to become everything I want or do anything I want. My university journey made me realize the importance of finishing what you started and sometimes the journey is about putting one foot in front of the other. For the longest time, I was worried about making the wrong decision which was a narrow perspective of looking at the premise of decision-making. Honestly, if I could graduate too. My life looks like my vision board and typing this feels insane. I did not think I would be in my first luxury apartment, in an affluent area with a job right after graduation. I am also working in an area I always dreamed of as a student. Telling myself that I deserve this is not luck but a result of persistence and hard work. The wellness gurus were right-things do get better!

Starting over

I am starting over. A new chapter awaits me and a new version of me. I am quite nervous and I would be lying if I said I do not miss my old life. The past four years shaped how I have become in my adult life. I miss where I used to live, I miss all the people I connected with and I miss my routine. Oh, how I miss sleeping in! I now have to do it all over again, I have faith I mean it is not like life leaves me a choice. How am I going to start making friends? Especially where everyone is afraid of being awkward or people dislike small talk and where everyone is on their phone? Wish me luck. Never be afraid to embrace change, it is a necessary part of life.

Till next time, Cheers!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you lazy or just burned out?

Good day, my love bugs. In a world that glorifies productivity, resilience, and endless multi-tasking, many women find themselves quietly battling a double-edged sword: executive dysfunction and emotional burnout. These terms can be intimidating, but they are deeply personal and often misunderstood, especially in women with functional depression. What is executive dysfunction? Kendra Kubala from Healthline wrote in her article Understanding Executive Dysfunction and How It Shows Up that executive dysfunction disrupts the brain's ability to plan, focus, remember instructions, and manage multiple tasks. It affects the executive functions of the brain, which are skills that help us get things done. It is not laziness or lack of willpower. It is often linked to mental health conditions like ADHD, anxiety, depression, and trauma. For many women, executive dysfunction looks like: Starting tasks but never finishing them. Constantly missing deadlines or appointments Feeling overwhelmed ...

Diet Culture and the relationship with our bodies

Good day, my love bugs. On this blog, we focus on personal development and wellness on a more intrinsic level. However, I want to discuss conventional beauty and how societal standards can affect our relationship with ourselves. What is conventional beauty? According to Wellness Voice being conventionally attractive means that your look is along the lines of society's ideals of what looks good. This is basically what we are fed of what beauty is whether it is at home, within culture, or in mass media. As someone who loves social media, I have watched a lot of YouTube videos on women getting dangerous procedures, very invasive procedures such as BBLs. This is no hate to women who decide to get surgery but we need to be honest about how beauty is social currency. Life seems easier for people who possess conventional beauty there are many trends on social media regarding beauty such as the 'lean girl' aesthetic or the 'hourglass figure'. That can be a blog post on ...

My Prom,21 October 2020.

They day finally came, the day of my prom! I remember being so nervous and in the moment. I had so much to do and time was catching up on me.  Keyword:TIME that is what defines you on that day. Walking through the red carpet while everyone is chanting your name is thrilling. By the end of the night we all had our heels off,dozens of pictures were taken and we danced our butts off. I will remember that night forever.  These are my tips on how you should get ready for your prom: 1. Have an allocated budget and plan everything revolving around your budget. 2. Do not put yourself under unecessary pressure you don't need the most expensive dress,shoes or car to look good or be memorable. 3. Plan everything way in advance,if you are getting your dress/suit designed make sure you start your arrangements 6 months in advance. 4.Be open to trying new things,like that set idea you have of your dress but there may be something better out there. 5. Go for fittings two weeks before the even...