Skip to main content

Year-End Anxiety.

As I was approaching my exams and realising that we are in the last months of the year I was overcome with so much anxiety.
I know it was academic stress but also the thought that 2023 is around the corner and I have more questions than answers.

2022 started off on a very traumatic note for me I was dealing with a lot from the previous year. I spent most of this trying to process all that had happened to me.
I do not know how to describe how this year was for me but it was about taking things in, learning and growth. Growth is not cute or pleasant at all.

I think I met so many versions of myself this year and in the end I chose me.
I wrote this piece for anyone who also might be feeling the same. I know we made vision boards and set goals which all might have not come true or to fruition. If you are a religious or spiritual person this is a reminder that everything happens at God's own timing. The universe will also unfold when it knows that you are ready.

Do not be too hard on yourself and do not focus too much on the 'what could have happened?'
Instead I want you sit down, reflect, on this platform we are big advocates for journaling and writing down. Write what you are most proud of yourself this year. I am proud of myself for being active and for always prioritsing my mental health. I really became my own friend. I challenged my writing. I started an Instagram page for my poetry, this makes me so happy.

As we embark on the festive season do what makes you happy. If you feel lonely and will not be spending time with loved ones, my heart and prayers go out to you.
I am also bringing back Declutter December where we will be cleaning up our spaces and giving to those who are in need.
Till next time, Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you lazy or just burned out?

Good day, my love bugs. In a world that glorifies productivity, resilience, and endless multi-tasking, many women find themselves quietly battling a double-edged sword: executive dysfunction and emotional burnout. These terms can be intimidating, but they are deeply personal and often misunderstood, especially in women with functional depression. What is executive dysfunction? Kendra Kubala from Healthline wrote in her article Understanding Executive Dysfunction and How It Shows Up that executive dysfunction disrupts the brain's ability to plan, focus, remember instructions, and manage multiple tasks. It affects the executive functions of the brain, which are skills that help us get things done. It is not laziness or lack of willpower. It is often linked to mental health conditions like ADHD, anxiety, depression, and trauma. For many women, executive dysfunction looks like: Starting tasks but never finishing them. Constantly missing deadlines or appointments Feeling overwhelmed ...

Diet Culture and the relationship with our bodies

Good day, my love bugs. On this blog, we focus on personal development and wellness on a more intrinsic level. However, I want to discuss conventional beauty and how societal standards can affect our relationship with ourselves. What is conventional beauty? According to Wellness Voice being conventionally attractive means that your look is along the lines of society's ideals of what looks good. This is basically what we are fed of what beauty is whether it is at home, within culture, or in mass media. As someone who loves social media, I have watched a lot of YouTube videos on women getting dangerous procedures, very invasive procedures such as BBLs. This is no hate to women who decide to get surgery but we need to be honest about how beauty is social currency. Life seems easier for people who possess conventional beauty there are many trends on social media regarding beauty such as the 'lean girl' aesthetic or the 'hourglass figure'. That can be a blog post on ...

My Prom,21 October 2020.

They day finally came, the day of my prom! I remember being so nervous and in the moment. I had so much to do and time was catching up on me.  Keyword:TIME that is what defines you on that day. Walking through the red carpet while everyone is chanting your name is thrilling. By the end of the night we all had our heels off,dozens of pictures were taken and we danced our butts off. I will remember that night forever.  These are my tips on how you should get ready for your prom: 1. Have an allocated budget and plan everything revolving around your budget. 2. Do not put yourself under unecessary pressure you don't need the most expensive dress,shoes or car to look good or be memorable. 3. Plan everything way in advance,if you are getting your dress/suit designed make sure you start your arrangements 6 months in advance. 4.Be open to trying new things,like that set idea you have of your dress but there may be something better out there. 5. Go for fittings two weeks before the even...